This document explains how we collect, use and disclose your personal information when you store your items with us.
We collect personal information (including but not limited to your name, address, phone number and billing information) which we consider relevant in providing and promoting our services to you.
We will not sell your personal information without your consent. We may choose to disclose your personal information to our contractors, our agents, and any other party who may assist us in providing services to you, or in promoting or marketing our services to you, or any party who purchases or seeks to purchase our business.
1. Why do we collect your information?
- Verify your identity and appropriately assess your storage unit application.
- Security of the facility, its goods and yourself and other storers.
- So that we can contact you with pertinent information about your account or unit while you are storing your goods with us.
- To undertake a search of the StorerCheck database or any relevant credit history institution.
- To comply with our legal obligations.
- We use your personal information to provide, promote and market our services to you as well as to maintain and develop our business systems and to comply with the law.
If you do not provide us with all or part of the personal information we require, it may prevent us from providing services to you, and keep you informed about promotional offers. If you wish to “opt out” of receiving such information please let us know.
2. Under what circumstances will we disclose your information?
We will only disclose your information when it is reasonably necessary or if permitted by law.
- To Electrodry Storage Solutions employees.
- Relevant service providers engaged by us.
- Law enforcement or government departments.
- Liquidators or administrators appointed to administer your financial affairs.
- Debt collection services.
- Your Alternate Contact Person (ACP).
3. What other information do we collect?
We may collect payment information from you, including credit card or direct debit information. We will also hold information about your ongoing storage and payment history.
When you use our website, we may collect information about your physical location and/or web activity including your IP address and whether you've accessed or been referred to us via a third-party site.
4. What is StorerCheck?
StorerCheck is a database used by storage facilities which lists information on storers who have breached the storage agreement or have engaged in illegal or threatening behaviour.
Electrodry Storage Solutions may communicate with other users of the StorerCheck database and discuss information with them, such as your name, identifying details, storage history and account payment history. We may also update any details and personal information StorerCheck has. We may refuse you storage, or terminate your storage agreement, if you are listed with StorerCheck.
5. Information regarding your alternate contact person
It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the right to disclose the personal information of your Alternative Contact Person’s personal information. We assume that the Alternative Contact Person is aware that their information has been disclosed to us.
6. How do we keep your personal information safe?
We store your information in both electronic and paper form and we take all reasonable precautions to protect these records from misuse or unauthorised access by using physical, electronic and procedural safeguards. It is our practice to destroy, delete or de-identify your personal information when it is no longer needed.
When you provide personal information, we assume it is correct unless you tell us otherwise. If your information changes, we ask you to advise us as soon as possible that the information is no longer accurate.
We may amend this policy from time to time to ensure that it is accurate and up to date.
If you do not consent to these terms, you should not apply for storage with us.